As we head into winter, the performance of our boiler is very important for our comfort and safety throughout the colder months. But how often should you get it looked at? Let’s find out.
Why is boiler servicing important?
You should never wait for your boiler to break down before having it serviced.
Rather, regular servicing is essential for catching problems early before they worsen and cause potential issues in the grip of winter – the very worst time to have boiler problems.
- A boiler servicing is a chance for a professional to check that the system is running efficiently and safely. This way, maintenance and repairs can be performed as you go along, lengthening the lifespan of your boiler and reducing the likelihood of sudden and inconvenient breakdowns.
- Faulty boilers can result in gas leaks and ill-health if left undetected, so boiler servicing is also important for protecting the health of your family, too.
- If a professional notices that your boiler is not performing as efficiently as it could be, they can suggest corrections. The more efficient your boiler is, the less it will cost you to run it.
- To honour and validate a warranty or insurance policy, a regular servicing is often required. It is also compulsory by law if you’re a landlord.
How often should I get my boiler serviced?
It is recommended that you get your boiler serviced on an annual basis.
This way, any developing issues can be caught early, and the safety and efficiency of your boiler system can be verified by a professional engineer.
What happens during an annual boiler servicing?
A boiler servicing may differ depending on the engineer carrying it out, and also the type of boiler under scrutiny.
However, some of the checks that may be carried out could include:
- A visual check of the boiler and pipework
- Pressure, flow, flue and combustion will be examined
- All components will be inspected to ensure they are working properly
- Seals and electrical elements will be checked
- Safety devices are all looked over
- Controls and operation components are assessed
For full details of what is checked, ask your chosen boiler engineer to confirm.
Whatever make or model, book your boiler in for an annual servicing today with Around the Bend Plumbing. Our engineers offer a 24/7 service across Tunbridge Wells, Uckfield, Worthing, Bexhill, Brighton, Hove, Eastbourne and beyond, making sure any repairs and maintenance are carried out immediately – get in touch with our friendly team.